One of Dubai's most engaging arts festival is back and all set to bring Alserkal Avenue alive this weekend. Quoz Arts Fest will be open from 10 am to 10 pm on the 26th and 27th January.
There will be live music, art tours, affordable art to purchase, film screenings, and artist talks. To keep everyone on their toes and full of energy there will be the now famous food concepts and a local produce market serving food.
Here are some of the exciting moments we think you should look out for over the two days:
- 10 am-10 pm Open Day at Bakery. Discussing investment opportunities in growth markets.
- 11 am-12 pm A4 Space, the Junction. Interactive storytelling for children. A new way to enjoy a good story. The children act out the story as they listen and experience the book.
- 1-3 pm at the Yard Majlis. An open mic comedy session with well known and new comedians.
- 2-3 pm Film Screening of The Displaced at A4 Space Cinema Room. Including a talk by the artist.
- 3.30 pm Sima Performing Arts will hold a workshop teaching "contact improvisation" a form of dance that increases body awareness.
- 6 pm – Skirmish by Beirut Contemporary Ballet at The Yard. A piece about the battles we undertake within our relationships, to Beethoven's Piano Sonata no 3.
- 8 pm – Short + Sweet Theatre Festival at The Junction. Tickets for this play are priced at AED110, but with 200 actors and 90 directors onboard it is definitely a unique experience.
- 10 am – 8 pm a printing workshop by Shaghaf Printmaking Warehouse61. Suitable for individuals older than 10 years. Register to join at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11 am Meeting outside Nadi Al Quoz Mahnaz Fancy will take you on a guided tour around the galleries, discussing globalization in the context of contemporary art.
- 3 pm a talk by artist Athier. At the Ayyam Gallery A4 Space. The Iraqi/ British painter will be talking about inspiration and his upcoming exhibition at DIFC.
- 1 pm a workshop by dance group SIMA. A fun workshop teaching dancing with a partner and learning freedom of movement.
- 4-7 pm a workshop demonstrating and teaching the use of concrete at TECHHARC. Any artists interested in the medium of concrete and its versatility will benefit from this workshop. The workshop is priced at AED150 per person.
- 6 pm a Live Poetry Slam followed by a film screening of Il Postino at the Jam Jar.
- 7.30 pm a Talk about Vinyl Culture in the UAE, and how record shops act as a hub for the music community.
- 8 pm Live Tehran Vocal Ensemble. A rare opportunity to listen to an innovative style of Persian acapella music.
Along with all the activities at scheduled times, there is a lively program of events and activities that will be ongoing over the two days. A few of our favorites to look out for:
- On lanes 4 and 5 local musicians will play 20-minute sets at regular intervals.
- Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of the growing artist community in Dubai. At Folio, you can listen to others and record your own perspective on the arts and culture scene in the region.
- Take a look at the Photo Booth by Gulf Photo Plus – Shift your Focus - play with shadows and silhouettes and get a souvenir of the experience.
For the full program list visit the Quoz Fest website.
See you there!