• Home

• Welcome to the Art Kentro Forum
Makes car rides less awkward
 #113  by axisturn
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am
Hello fellow music lovers. This is my first post on the forum and its a bit controversial(hope the mods dont ban me:) )

Since Dua Lipa is performing at Yas Abu Dhabi and so many people are excited for the performance I would like to bring up a discussion. Can she really sing?

I never noticed it before but after watching her performance on Saturday Night Live a few weeks ago I was stunned.(It's not available online so you may have to download it or watch it on OSN) . The girls vocal ability was worse than even Selena Gomez. Don't get me wrong - I'm not hating I just thought it would be a good discussion.

Also I mean no disrespect to her fans
 #114  by beth88
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm
She is actually a great singer but producers autotune her voice which I find really annoying.
 #115  by jazztricks
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:22 pm
Maybe she was nervous? its SNL we all know what happened to Lana Del Rey....

.. definitely want to watch her performance now :geek:
 #120  by Faarisskhalil
 Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:33 pm
Although I don't have much of an opinion on Dua Lipa myself, I would contribute with my take on music in general these days: I think it's about the end product. Sometimes certain abilities could be lacking in certain people yet they still 'make it' as artists/musicians. If what they're putting out there works, then it works I suppose.

It's a nice engaging topic to bring up though!